Pleasant tasting lozenge for the relief of sore throats, blocked nose and mucous congestion. Indications/Professional Recommendations The potent combination of herbs and oils in Throat Clear may provide relief of:
• Sore throat
• Blocked nose
• Mucous congestion
• Nigella seed oil has anti inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic and antimicrobial activity • Echinacea purpurea activates cellular immunity and stimulates phagocytosis of neutrophils • Vitamin C plays an important role in many immune mechanisms. It has been shown to improve host resistance as well as being antibacterial. • Anise oil has a marked expectorant and antispasmodic action and is indicated for bronchitis and irritable coughing. • Eucalyptus oil possesses analgesic effects as well as anti inflammatory activities. It is a traditional remedy to help soothe and cool sore and inflamed throats. • Fennel oil is traditionally indicated for upper respiratory tract congestion • Peppermint oil has been traditionally used for mucous congestion and colds. It has a cooling effect on sore throats. • Zinc gluconate has been shown to reduce the duration and severity of symptoms of the common cold. It is readily absorbed through the mucous membrane lining of the mouth. • Thyme oil is used as an antimicrobial agent and has strong inhibition activity against a range of bacteria. It has a long history of use in throat and mouth infections.
Adults: Dissolve 1 lozenge slowly in your mouth every 2 - 3 hours (up to 8 times daily)
Children under 12 years: Not recommended
- Do not use if pregnant or likely to become pregnant.
- Do not use while breastfeeding.
- If symptoms persist, talk to your healthcare professional.
- Vitamins and minerals can only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.
- Products containing maltitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhea.
Each lozenge contains:
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 50mg
equiv. to Zinc 2.6mg
Peppermint Oil 5mg
Anise Oil 3mg
Eucalyptus Oil 2mg
Fennel Oil 3mg
Thyme Oil 5.8mg
Nigella sativa seed oil fixed 2mg
Echinacea purpurea juice fresh 63mg
From fresh herb 126mg
Primula veris extract liquid
From dry rooth and rhizome 1mg